Friday, March 2, 2012

Thoughtful and still thinking :)

"I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference"
-"The road not taken",Robert Frost


For the past few days these words have been buzzing around my head,making a lot of noise.Maybe its because in a month or two my college life will end,so I am trying to rewind the moments of my life just till the time I gave my last exam of school.What if things would've been different?What if I had scored a lot in JEE?What if I had got a better rank in AIEEE?And other entrance exams?What if I had stood my ground and fought with my parents not to send me to Chennai?What if......*Sigh*.Its all useless now,isn't it?Because,much like a woman resignedly accepts loving her husband despite his flaws,I've fallen in love with this city despite trying so stubbornly to hate it:)


But it remains to be seen if the city has loved me back too.I may have to pack my bags and be a gypsy and go wherever work takes me,while this city would still be standing,waiting for another person like me to come.Or would it care?


The words by the poet still keep haunting me.




P.S:
Hello people who are still here reading this :) The year before had been eventful.Setbacks,despair,hope,getting employed(in TCS,campus recruitment),getting sick,feeling positive,feeling grown up(my b'day was on 12th Feb :D)....and well an amalgamation of many other things :)
I am surprised that 4 years have brought out such neat transformations that I didn't even realise when and how I changed.For proof,you can go through few of my initial posts when I first ventured into blogging :)


*Amused smile*.


Cheers...Have a happy weekend!:):):)

2 comments:

  1. Chennai is my hometown, and my fav city! But I realised it only when I went away from there to Bangalore! And yes..I love it despite its scorching hot weather, sultry, traffic jams amongst billions of other things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anuradha Ravi, the post is a wonderful expression of thoughts. I myself do not agree with the topic, but I salute your talent.

    All Cheerio!

    ReplyDelete

Liked it or disliked it? Your comments are precious! :)